Automatic Installation of CUPS

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Mon Dec 6 22:51:25 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 02:58 pm, shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:
> Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
> >I believe that in the next iteration of Fedora Core (Fedora Core 4),
> >there should be an automatic installation of a CUPS server where it
> >automatically installs the printer that is attached to the machine as well
> > as allows any other machine on a LAN to print to it.  This is the case
> > with Mandrake Linux as well as some other distributions of Linux.
>
> a good joke :-))
>
> --
> shrek-m
For your information,

     This was not meant to be a joke.  I have had trouble with getting
machines on the local network to print on the print server.  I have installed
print servers with other distributions of Linux without having this problem
as I am having with Fedora Core.  If you spent more time trying to give good
advice instead of making snide remarks, I would not have had to post this in
the first place.

Jeff