SamSung 213T LCD DVI with X under Fedora ??

Jim Hayward jimhayward at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 8 03:36:13 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 20:41 -0500, Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:
> I just got a brand new SamSung 213T LCD monitor and a Matrox G450 MMS
> graphics card and it doesn't want to play on the DVI interface.

What kind of problem are you having? Errors or warning in
your /var/log/Xorg.0.log when you have it hooked up DVI?

>   When I
> used the analog input all is well at 1600x1200.  What a beautiful
> monitor.

Wait until you have had it a while and get used to it. :-) I've I had my
213T(silver) since April connected to the DVI output on an ATI Radeon
9800 Pro. The picture is fantastic.

> In order to get the DVI going is there a special configuration in the
> xorg.conf?

I the only thing I changed in my xorg.conf was to set the refresh rates.
Note, the DVI rates are different from the analog rates. These should be
auto detected by the video driver anyway.

Regards,
	Jim H
--
Jim Hayward <jimhayward at earthlink.net>