i815 graphics

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Dec 9 00:25:19 UTC 2004

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 12:33:06AM +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
>
>>If I continue then subsequent screens have the same problem and a graphical
>>install is not feasible (and I imagine that if I did complete the install I
>>would not be able to use X due to the same bug).
>

> Do a text install, then boot it with init=/bin/sh and rpm -e firstboot. Boot
> and grab Mike Harris pending Xorg rpm updates. That should fix 2D although
> 3D still seems horked

DRI now works for a higher resolution with the latest xorg-x11 version
that I tried and I nedded to add nothing to the xorg.conf file. (16 bits
@ 1280x1024). I didn't try 3D applications with the xorg version though.

Is there another version on Mike's redhat directory or is it the version
avalable within the repositories?

Thanks for getting the driver functional again!

Jim

--
What passes for optimism is most often the effect of an intellectual error.
		-- Raymond Aron, "The Opium of the Intellectuals"