Help with video setting for 15.4'' WXGA LCD screen w/ ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON™ 9600

Brian Craft javaman67 at acd.net
Sun Dec 12 14:28:25 UTC 2004

I just bought a Averatec  AV6130H1 laptop (
http://www.averatec.com/notebooks/6100series.htm ) which has a 15.4''
WXGA LCD screen/display and although I've added  1280x800 to the Modes
line in the xorg.conf the display seems a little "blurry" instead of
crisp and clean.  The video card in the laptop is a  ATI MOBILITY™
RADEON™ 9600.

Any idea's on getting the display to clear up?  I'm running Fedora Core
3 with all the latest updates.   Below are the specs of the laptop from
the website.

Intel® Pentium® 4 3.0 GHz w/ HT Technology
Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
15.4'' WXGA
DVD+CD-RW
40GB HD