FC4 ISO suggestion

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Sun Dec 12 23:55:28 UTC 2004

Once upon a time, Gene C. <czar at czarc.net> said:
> Since the drives supporting larger dvd sizes are currently available but the
> media is relatively expensive, I would like to suggest that, for FC4, a
> second dvd ISO be created which just has the SRPMS.  This would allow an
> individual to cut two dvd disks but would be consistent by having everything
> available on those two dvd disks.

I would first like to see the build system modified so that there can be
a single set of SRPMS ISOs, not one for each arch.  With the current two
arches, that would cut down on mirror storage space by 2.3G; _then_ you
could use that space for a single SRPMS DVD ISO.  Otherwise, you just
added 4.6G to the space requirement for each FC release (and more if
more arches become mainline) without adding any content.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>