A small request ...

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Thu Dec 16 15:32:08 UTC 2004

On Thursday 16 December 2004 13:50, William Hooper wrote:

> > So far with redhat/fedora installation, it has been the default, that if
> > I select full installation,
> > so that it saves something
> > around 370MB of valuable space.

> I would guess not doing a full install would save even more valuable space.

I'm not quite sure what is meant by "full installation",
but one does get an awful lot of i18n files if one simply opts
for the standard installation.

While in principle I like the idea -
we live on a shrinking globe -
the chances of my wanting to read a document in Serbo-Croat
is vanishingly small.

Actually, it's not so much the installation that concerns me -
it is more the fact that every now and then yum downloads
a newversion of every locale in theuniverse -
and I find it difficult to believe that all have been updated.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366