A small request ...

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Thu Dec 16 23:39:44 UTC 2004

On Thursday 16 December 2004 16:01, William Hooper wrote:
> > I'm not quite sure what is meant by "full installation",
> > but one does get an awful lot of i18n files if one simply opts for the
> > standard installation.
>
> Perhaps you could elaborate?  On my Workstation install there is exactly
> one  *i18n* RPM: openoffice.org-i18n.  Granted it is a large file, but
> that has already been discussed and IIRC will be broken into different
> RPMs for FC4.  That said if you don't need the additional languges you can
> just remove it.

I  admit I'm not quite sure where these came from, but I have:
[tim at alfred ~]$ grep i18n /var/log/rpmpkgs
kde-i18n-Brazil-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
kde-i18n-British-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
kde-i18n-Czech-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
kde-i18n-Danish-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
kde-i18n-Dutch-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
kde-i18n-Estonian-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
kde-i18n-French-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
kde-i18n-German-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
kde-i18n-Hungarian-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
kde-i18n-Italian-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
kde-i18n-Japanese-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
kde-i18n-Polish-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
kde-i18n-Portuguese-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
kde-i18n-Romanian-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
kde-i18n-Russian-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
kde-i18n-Slovak-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
kde-i18n-Slovenian-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
kde-i18n-Spanish-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
kde-i18n-Swedish-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
kde-i18n-Turkish-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
openoffice.org-i18n-1.1.2-11.5.fc3.i386.rpm

I'm actually quite frightened to remove anything nowadays,
as I ran "yum remove <a package>" some time ago,
and it seemed to remove half my system.

Please remember that some of us (most of us?)
do not really know what we are doing ...

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366