a modest request

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 19:44:04 UTC 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:28:03 -0600 (CST), John Morris <jmorris at beau.org> wrote:
> Then smart, mdadm, cron, etc could continue sending mail to root
> and it would end up in the primary user's mailbox without the user needing
> to understand the gory details or each package needing to be smarter.

I don't think i was advocating that each package become invidually
smarter.  Effective redirection of notification emails to an
administrative user is just one aspect of the larger problem in
defining an administrative user role instead of relying on people to
use root user.
There is a larger discussion about pre-configuring sudo for an
adminstrative role for tasks instead of using a root user password
that i was hoping to inspire. Sadly people actually wanted to solve
this email problem and came up with a targetted solution.

-jef