Fedora Project launches Pre-Extras

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Mon Dec 20 16:00:50 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 17:56 +0100, Dag Wieers wrote:

> If you use different repositories and there's no coordination, there's
> no
> proper way to compare the release tags anyway. The discussion about
> either
> the disttag or the vendortag are useless.

So, wouldn't it be sensible that we all work together on Extras, and
there's less of these "different" repositories and coordination?

Quoting you from another post:

> But then again, if you're talking as the authority repository and
> don't
> see a use in 3rd party repositories, there's no need for a repotag.
> But
> for a complete other reason.

And yes, Fedora Extras is the "authority" repository (like Legacy is the
"authority" channel for EOLed Core stuff, and Core is the "authority"
channel for stuff in Core), so maybe Alternatives needs a repotag =)
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi