udev problem?

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Mon Dec 27 11:58:01 UTC 2004

Hi,

Is it udev which controls if a CD or zip disk can be unmounted?

I seem to be having a problem by which a disc can be read, ripped,
burned to - generally used, but will fail to eject. There is nothing in
dmesg about the failure.

Using rawhide with udev 048-2 (I had the problem with 048-4, so
reinstalled the older version, but it's not done much to help). I need
to file a bugzilla report, but need to know if it should be under udev.

TTFN

Paul
--
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"
- Life of Brian, Monty Python