Testing - kernel-2.6.9-1.715_FC3 panics on GUI Exit

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Dec 30 04:41:45 UTC 2004

Jim Cornette wrote:
> Alexandre Strube wrote:
>
>> Em Qua, 2004-12-29 às 07:04 -0500, Jim Cornette escreveu:
>>

>>> I still had the problem with later than 715 kernels and am using
>>> kernel 2.6.9-1.681_FC3. I get a lockup sometimes when ctl-alt-Fn to a
>>> terminal and then back to the GUI. The shutdown is alright in most
>>> cases.
>>

>> Did you tried 698? Changing to kernel 698 and changing from integrated
>> agp savage 8x to a old pci-voodoo4 solved it to me. Don't know which one
>> of those solved, I did it at the same time.

The computer shutdown with the 698 versioned kernel similar to the way
with the 681 kernel. Hopefully the occasional lockup that happens when
switching to a virtual terminal disappears with the 698 kernel. My
concern now is with later kernels causing the kernel panic with the
radeon graphics controller.

Jim

--
Walk softly and carry a megawatt laser.