Upgrade to fc2

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 5 14:59:32 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu>
Sent: Feb 5, 2004 9:54 AM
To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: Upgrade to fc2

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 09:18, Leonid Podolny wrote:
> Hi,
> I currently run fc1 and would like to test current releases of fc2. What
> is a right way to do that?

the right way is to reinstall.

upgrades to/from betas or test releases are NOT supported.
-sv

  huh?  i certainly buy that upgrading *from* a test/beta shouldn't
be supported, but i thought the whole point of a beta is that, in a
perfect world, its behaviour is that it should match the eventual
release as closely as possible.  and that includes being able to
upgrade from one release to the next.

  granted, trying to upgrade from FC1 to FC2-test1 may fry your
machine, we all understand that.  but are you suggesting that
even upgrading from FC1 to FC2-final *won't* be supported?
that's pretty disturbing.

rday