FC2-T1 Lockup

Brian Hanks bhanks at crackedweasel.org
Sat Feb 14 12:47:58 UTC 2004

I'm running FC2-T1 on an Asus A7N266-VM/AA which is an NForce chipset
board.  It loads up fine, but randomly locks up at some point after the
screen saver has kicked in.  I have disabled all power management,
hardware and software, but it is still happening.

There is one suspicious item that I have found in the log files that
appears to happen immediately prior to the lockup.

kernel:  spurious 8259A interrupt:  IRQ 7

I have tried to rebuild the NForce driver src.rpm to see if it would
make a difference, but it will not compile.

Since this is my first foray into the 2.6 kernel, I'm sure that I'm
probably missing something.

Also, I'm trying to do a yum update from the development tree and it
keeps spitting out an unresolved dependency between redat-artwork and
/usr/lib/qt-3.2 which appears to be incorrect because /usr/lib/qt-3.2 is
available.

-Brian Hanks
bhanks at bhanks.com