FC2 test1: install glitches and comments (resend, last one was too big)

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Sat Feb 14 14:07:25 UTC 2004

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 11:24:43PM -0800, Rick Johnson wrote:

> >-Did not detect that my monitor was a LCD 1024x768.  Recent MDK10 and
> >Lindows4.5 are able to.
>
> Same with my Dell - so it's probably a laptop display thing.

It also falls back to 800x600 on the installer for most cards (which is
wrong). Some X servers correctly refuse the 800x600 others don't.
Undetected means the only safe mode is VGA 640x480 at 60Hz timing.

> Why, so we can skim and still not read it, but be annoyed by the fact
> that we have to scroll first? Great for lawyers, not so great for lazy
> admins, who are still doing a bulk of the installs.

Do a text mode install and you never need to agree to it in FC1, not
been able to check this in FC2