Sound does not work on FC 2 Test1

Roland Wolters wolters.liste at gmx.net
Sat Feb 14 18:14:28 UTC 2004

Hi,
I made a fresh installation of FC 2 on a AMD XP Computer with a Soundblaster
Live Card (emu10k1). I got the packages of the CDs, and did no changes to
them.

And i am not able to get sound out of my boxes - even if I activate the
onboard AC97 chipset from via (vt8233/A/8235), I do not get sound.

There are some error messages in dmesg [1] depending on modprobe, maybe
someone have a similar problem or could help me?

Or shuold i fill in a bugreport in the bugzilla system?

May searching after a solution went to the possibility of recompile the kernel
with OSS Support - other peolple adviced me to start alsaconf, but I am not
able to find this binary.
Any other ideas?

Roland