fedora-test-list digest, Vol 1 #535 - 29 msgs

listmail listmail at swiftdsl.com.au
Sun Feb 15 07:25:36 UTC 2004

> Message: 12
> Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 01:02:53 -0300
> From: Pedro Fernandes Macedo <webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br>
> To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
> Subject: Re: Fedora Core 2 Test 1 - comments.
>

> >Comment :
> >01. Too many problems for little me to fix.
> >

> Hey , this is a test release... it exists for us to find the bugs before
> they sneak in the official release

Sure I understand that.

> >02. KDE 3.2 claimed to be _much_ faster but this was not obvious to me
> >on my hardware.
> >

> well , kde and gnome are faster , but sometimes they simply stop
> responding on my machine.. most of the time , if I press something like
> alt+tab , they come back to life...

I tried KDE 3.2 upgrade on FC1 & Suse 9. Apart from obvious sound bugs I
saw not a lot of difference in speed there too.
Maybe it is less noticeable on top-end machines?
But I will take all the speed increases I can get!
I want Linux to not just match but indeed surpass competitors!

> >03. Kernel 2.6 claimed to be much faster, not obvious to me.
> >

> Weird.. after installing FC2t1 , it looked like I had bought a new
> processor and more ram...

Hmm, I keep my FC1 prelink cache up to date so maybe you are noticing
that. I'm sure there will be a difference in heavy multitasking
situations in the final release.

> So far , I'm liking FC2 a lot... I cant wait to see the final release...

I agree, FC1 is better than I would have been led to believe by Internet
reviews articles. (In fact I have switched permanently from SuSE mainly
because of abundance of public _english_ language discussion/support/
beta testing. SuSE is almost as good but too closed.)
I am confident FC2 will be a excellent.

regards
Chris