FC2 test1 and KVM switch

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Sun Feb 15 20:24:50 UTC 2004

On Sunday 15 February 2004 14:13, Rick Johnson wrote:
> Gene C. wrote:
> > OK, I know, I know that Red Hat does not support the use of KVM switches.
> >
> > But, some of use depend on them.
> >
> > Is anyone experiencing problems with FC2 test1 and a KVM switch.
> >
> > I am using a Belkin 4 port Omni Cube and have had zero problems with it
> > and previous releases.  With FC2 test1, when I first install and boot the
> > system up everything works fine.
> >
> > However, if I switch to another system and then back to the FC2 test1
> > system,   the mouse starts jumping all over the screen.  The keyboard and
> > monitor seem to work fine.
> >
> > The mouse is a PS2 interface Logitech TrackMan Wheel.
> >
> > Anyone else seeing this (or positively NOT seeing it)?
>
> This has been a problem since Red Hat 7.whatever. The issue is with the
> IMPS/2 mouse driver. I've found that switching away from the TTY and
> back to it almost always clears it up. i.e. Ctrl+Alt+F8, then Alt+F7 (or
> Ctrl+Alt+F7). This is a "workaround" I've lived with when using any
> Belkin/Dlink/etc. KVM based on the same basic chipset with almost any
> Linux and the IMPS/2 driver. That, or you can switch to a different
> mouse driver (i.e. PS/2) and expect "normal" behavior.

Never had a problem before.  I just check the XF86Config for FC1 and FC2 and
both specify IMPS/2.  Switch to any VT does nothing.

In addition, when I am on a console (e.g., VT1) and I move the trackball, I
get messages of the form:

psmouse.c:  Explorer Mouse at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost syncronization,
thowing 2 bytes away.

--
Gene