Add/Remove Programs

Sean Earp smearp at mac.com
Thu Feb 26 06:31:10 UTC 2004

Hello all-

I decided to fire up the Add/Remove Programs (control panel?) and make
a few changes to my installed programs configuration.  First of all,
the interface looks GREAT!

That having been said, the program itself does not appear to work.  I
have tried to install several different packages (ABI Office, GNU Cash,
OpenSSL) which happen to be located on different CDs.  After checking
dependencies, the program asks me to insert the appropriate CD (which I
do), and after scanning the CD, the error message:

----------

Error installing packages

There was an error installing packages.

Exiting

Pops up... After hitting "OK", the entire program exits.  This happens
with every program I try to add.  Is there an error log that I can look
at to troubleshoot/post to bugzilla, relating to the usage of
Add/Remove programs?

Thanks,

-Sean

GPG public key:  <http://homepage.mac.com/smearp/seanpgp.asc>