hpoj difficulties in FC2-test1 (and FC1)

Steve Ward stevewa at spiritone.com
Sun Feb 29 04:37:34 UTC 2004

I've seen some posts about problems with scanning under test1, and I
think I understand what's going on.  In the startup scripts in
/etc/rc.d, hpoj is being started after CUPS.  From the hpoj
documentation, it appears to me the opposite order is required.  This is
so the hpoj printer port is available when CUPS starts.

On my system I have simply renamed all the S55cups files to S60cups and
things seem to work OK.  I have also done this on my FC1 system (which
is running the kernel.org 2.6.3 kernel) and printing, scanning and card
readers on my PSC2210 are working fine.