OOPS when installing sapdb 0.74 on fc1-test1-amd64

Ken Snider ksnider at flarn.com
Mon Feb 2 18:59:17 UTC 2004

Klaasjan Brand wrote:

> Did you set the variable LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 to disable NPTL
> threading before starting the x_server process?

This might crash sapdb but it shouldn't OOPS the kernel should it??

> For the sapdb 7.4 rpm's you need to patch the /etc/init.d/sapdb74
> script: the 3rd line under the start) header should read:
>  su - -c "export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5; $X_SERVER start" sapdb
>
>>/dev/null 2>&1

Actually.. interestingly if I DO use that variable, *nothing* works.

example:

[sapdb at dw1.dw testdb74]$ export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 ; ./create_demo_db.sh
/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

Interestingly, this problem does *NOT* occur if I don't use that variable
(though, of course, then the database won't start).

--Ken.