Installing on SATA drives?

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Tue Feb 3 17:07:13 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 17:42, Douglas Kilpatrick wrote:
> > This chip is not currently supported by Fedora Core.  You would basically
> > have to merge a patch, rebuild the kernel rpms, then rebuild the distro.
>
> Is that going to mean I need a cross-compile setup to rebuild the kernel
> RPMSs?

Either that, or you could install to a PATA drive and do it from there,
assuming there's a PATA controller on your Opteron motherboard (a small
PATA drive won't cost you much if you haven't allready got one lying
around...)

If you did this, I'm not sure if you could just compile a new kernel and
boot it on the PATA drive and then launch a new install to the SATA
drives... anyone?

--
Tarjei