MyDoom

Doncho N. Gunchev mr700 at globalnet.bg
Wed Feb 4 08:57:25 UTC 2004

On Saturday 31 January 2004 14:04, Andy Green wrote:
> On Saturday 31 January 2004 11:34, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > Nah, I could post to the list using your name and e-mail address any time
> > I wish, because your e-mail address is subscribed (!), and hence messages

> > There's nothing trivial that can be done about it. With a clever
>
> If the mailsystem required that messages were signed by a key who public
> part was previously lodged with the mailsystem, that would do something
> about it. The load on the mailserver wouldn't be that high since it checks
> the sig once at the time it accepts the message for broadcast.
>
> -Andy
This will make all users of web based mails without PGP support unable to
post/subscribe... not good I think. For me clamav does great... but eats
too much CPU time (at least 3 times slower than f-prot for example). I
don't find MyDoom as a big problem here - all RedHat lists are not related
to windows.

--
Regards,
  Doncho N. Gunchev