Fedora for AMD64

Stefan van der Eijk stefan at eijk.nu
Wed Feb 4 21:56:07 UTC 2004

Shah Amit wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone tried the Fedora Core 1 for Amd64 test1 release for the
> 64bit AMD processor ?? I have an emachines laptop - 6805 which has the
> AMD64 ... I want to try to install Fedora on this, but I dont know how
> good and stable the Fedora AMD64 is ... .If anyone can give me some
> advise ... If not Fedora, which distro would be the best for the 64
> bit AMD ...

You could try Mandrake Linux. They have recently shipped their 9.2
product for amd64 and active development is going on (packages are being
built & uploaded continuously). Finding a mirror that carries the amd64
cooker may be difficult, but this one has it:
ftp://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/Mandrake-devel/cooker/amd64/

Enjoy.

Stefan