Upgrade to fc2

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at princeton.edu
Thu Feb 5 15:49:33 UTC 2004

Leonid Podolny wrote:
> Yes, but how do I upgrade FC1 to FC2 test? yum? ftp?

The better question to ask is... which upgrade method needs testing.
And the best answer is, whichever upgrade method do you need to have
working when you do a final upgrade from FC1 to FC2.

Under RHL, upgrades via anaconda were the only upgrade path that Red Hat
was going to even public pretend to make sure is working. yum was a
worksforme situation that yum developers and users tested seemingly
their own.  For Fedora, I'm sure Red Hat's engineers are still focused
on getting anaconda working as the priority, but now that yum is inside
Core it's a little more difficult for me to tell people not to test the
yum upgrade path.  So if you can...test both anaconda and yum as upgrade
paths.

-jef