IA64 Kernel panic

Andrew Waterman awater at nuraldin.devnull.net
Mon Feb 9 22:03:22 UTC 2004

Thans Justin, I'll try all of those suggestions tonight.  I'm running the
Shuttle XPC which does have a flash available on their site.  I'll try
this when I get home tonight.

Thanks for the tip.

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Justin M. Forbes wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 12:07:26PM -0800, Andrew Waterman wrote:
> > I have nothing on the box, as the installer won't even start up, so I
> > don't know how to replace the compiled kernel in the test installer with
> > an older version .... Can I get it to recompile the kernel on startup?  I
> > think there needs to be some type of ramfs up to get the installer up and
> > running.  Anyone else had similar issues?  Known workarounds?
> >
> I assume you are looking at test1 for AMD64?
> what system board and processor are you using?
>
> Suggestions:
> If an NForce 3 based system board, try booting with acpi=off
> If legacy USB is enabled try to disable it in bios
> Make sure your bios is at the most recent revision available as several
> issues have been fixed in AMD64 bios updates.
>
> Let me know what works,
>
> Justin

---

Andrew Waterman						      awater at devnull.net
P.O. Box 181                                            	    510.830.9706
Berkeley, California 94701

								             ---

"The future is beautiful."
	-- Nova (http://www.discogs.com/release/45314)