FC2-test1 via yum

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Fri Feb 13 06:11:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Gregory Woodbury wrote:

> Since my test-bed machine is an AMD k6-2, I can't boot the recently
> released CD ISOs.  However, using yum to update against the development
> tree (the next best thing) I'm getting the following reported out of the
> yum dependencies phase:
>

> 	Package xsane-gimp needs libgimp-1.2.so.0, this is not available.
> 	Package xsane-gimp needs libgimpui-1.2.so.0, this is not available.
> 	Package redhat-artwork needs /usr/lib/qt-3.2, this is not available.

I've seen the last one - but not the first two. My workarround was to
have the following in /etc/yum.conf

exclude=qt

You could try 'yum -d4 upgrade' - and try decephering the dependencies
- to figure out what other excludes are necessary for 'yum upgrade' to
go through. Perhaps the following will work:

exclude=qt gimp

Satish