Dell Lattitude CPx Battery Shutdown

Rick Johnson rjohnson at medata.com
Fri Feb 13 06:21:08 UTC 2004

I've tried both an upgrade and a fresh install. It appears that when I
boot up with the battery in, the system will shut down shortly after
detecting file systems (modprobe time?).

If the battery is ejected, the system will boot all the way. Is there
anything else I need to test for in order to bugzilla this? The behavior
is reproducable, I just don't know exactly when. Can ACPI be disabled to
test if that's the case?

Also - cannot seem to compile the madwifi driver - no vmlinux exists
with /lib/modules/<version>/build - should there? The driver has
exceptions for a 2.6 kernel within the Makefile, but I'm not familiar
enough with 2.6 to know what's right/wrong just yet.
Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson at medata.com
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc. (from home)