FC2 test1: pcmcia problems on dell i8100

Rick Johnson rjohnson at medata.com
Fri Feb 13 15:56:56 UTC 2004

Alexander Volovics wrote:
> I had to remove the Intel Pro 10/100 pcmcia network card
> before I could install FC2 test 1 on a Dell inspiron 8100.
>
> After reinserting the card I configured networking via
> 'system-config-network'.
>
> The driver xirc2ps_cs is loaded and pcmcia is running but
> when pcmcia services are started I get the message:
> "pcmcia: cardmgr[1129]: no sockets found!" in the boot.log.
>
> Can somebody tell me how to get this working again with the
> 2.6 kernel.

I found this to be a problem as well. I simply did a modprobe yenta (or
whichever the module name for yenta is) and then restarted the PCMCIA
service - my stuff started working.

It seems that the pcmcia-cs update and/or the newer kernel we probably
pulled from apt/yum/up2date last night broke it.

-Rick

Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson at medata.com
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc. (from home)