missing bootdisk.img

Gerrit gerrit at nl.linux.org
Fri Feb 13 21:04:35 UTC 2004

Justin M. Forbes wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 09:03:57PM +0100, Gerrit wrote:
> >
> > according to images/README, there should be a file bootdisk.img. But
> > there isn't. I want to install from network and creating a bootflop is
> > so much easier than a boot-cdrom...
> >
> I wouldn't say I've been missing it Bob... Which distribution are you
> trying to install? For FC1 AMD64, and every arch under FC2 bootdisk.img is
> gone, the kernel is now too big to fit on a floppy.

FC2 test 1.

...then the README should be updated.
BTW, I'm unable to boot from CD-ROM as well, but I'm not sure to what
extent that is caused by FC2T1 and to what extent my my old SCSI
hardware. I am able to boot from another CDROM. I think there are no
sufficient SCSI drivers in the beginning of the CDROM or similar...

Unfortunately, I can't cut 'n' paste the error message here but after
trying to boot from CD-ROM, it says something akin to 'no CDROM driver
found' IIRC.

Gerrit.

--
Weather in Twenthe, Netherlands 13/02 20:25 UTC:
	7.0°C   wind 3.1 m/s W (57 m above NAP)