missing boot disk.img

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at ixpres.net
Fri Feb 13 21:19:57 UTC 2004

It creates a problem for those with large numbers of machines w/o CD-ROM
drives. Many motherboard+fedora combos can't boot successfully from a USB
CDROM ; yet it's trivially easy to walk around with a USB floppy and run
your installs from that (when paired with a local kickstart file, or even a
remote one).

Of course, the eventual solution is to NetBoot with PXE and run kickstart
off of that with your DHCP server -- but lots of folks aren't quite there
yet or don't need that kind of infrastructure.

Perhaps there would be a way to keep an older kernel for the boot floppy
OS, but allowing the updated anaconda scripts to install FC2. All we're
really doing is trampoline-ing until we can load the stage2.img over the
network, right?

JC Cleaver