Garzik and the libata (SATA) committee

Pekka Pietikainen pp at ee.oulu.fi
Sat Feb 14 10:06:22 UTC 2004

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 09:59:06PM -0700, raxet wrote:
> Now even with copying the tainted drivers sata_promise.o and scsi_mod.o
> to diskette in place of the ft3xx.o,  this routine WON'T
> work with FC2 Test 1 install iso's.
>
> GREAT! If anyone knows of a fix to this total TRAVESTY let me know.
>
> RaXeT
I attempted a install onto a promise SATA drive some time before test1 from rawhide
and could get the disk working by going into the shell, uncompressing modules.cgz
to /tmp and insmoding libata/sata_promise/sd/whatnot.

It blew up after partitioning though, but that was probably something else :-)
Probably should grab the final and poke around a bit I suppose, probably
just a matter of giving the installer relevant pci ids and drivers.

--
Pekka Pietikainen