FC2 test1

David Finch fedora at mytsoftware.com
Sun Feb 15 05:30:31 UTC 2004

Well, up2date finished downloading the gigs of packages and has begun installing. It seemed to get stuck at 0%, with high cpu usage (61% user, 31% system according to KDE System Guard), memory usage of 159mb +/- 2mb, no visible HD activity, and no window redraws. I assumed it had locked up completely, but decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. After about 25 minutes (maybe longer?), longer than I expect most users would wait, it suddenly resumed installing and appears to be working fine (so far). I should add that I'm using a 2.4ghz Celeron with 512mb of 333mhz ddr-ram and an 80gb hard disk.