Compiling 3COM 3c2000 Drivers in FC2

Richard Duncan duncric at iit.edu
Sun Feb 15 07:29:29 UTC 2004

I've just installed FC2 (ISOs to CDs, kernel 2.6.1-1.165) and I can't
get the 3COM 3c2000 drivers to compile.  When I try, I just get a bunch
of gcc errors.  Everything worked fine in FC1/2.4-based kernels, so I'm
guessing the switch to 2.6 is causing the trouble.  The Makefile looks
for linux-2.4 for the source, so should I change this?  The linux-2.4
alias is still sitting in the /usr/src directory, should this still be
there?

My specs are an Abit IS7-E with a 3COM Gigabit NIC integrated.  Again,
the 3c2000 drivers compiled and worked fine in FC1/2.4.

Thanks for any help.

Richard Duncan