FC2 First Impressions (Nautilus, Sound and Evolution)

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at privatei.com
Sun Feb 15 13:52:11 UTC 2004

Stuck my toe in the FC2 waters yesterday at home.

Unfortunately, 2 very important things were not working for me:

1) Sound - I have an Intel I810 series on-board sound card (SIS
manufactured - my motherboard is an ASUS P4S8X). It was apparently
recognized, but I couldn't get a peep out of the system with it. No
errors, just no sound. Going back to FC1 brought this back to life.

2) Evolution 1.5 seg-faulted on startup with impeccable consistency. I
never got it working.

3) I do prefer Nautilus in browse mode too. I'd love to be able to
change the default behavior so I don't have to have 50 windows opened to
browse down a file system tree.

That's about all for now. I'm sure I'll come up with more later once XE
is a little more stable (I'll watch the list for info on that).
Meanwhile, It gave me the opportunity on re-install to clean up my FC1
configuration and it's working much better now.

Cheers,

Chris

--
"If you get to thinkin' you're a