FC2 Test1: Broadcom NetXreme NIC & tg3 driver not working

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Sun Feb 15 16:51:53 UTC 2004

On Sunday 15 February 2004 10:48, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 10:15:26AM -0500, Gene C. wrote:
> > another NIC on that system and it worked the same.  These same NICs work
> > fine with Win2k and FC1 on the same system.  It could be that some
> > drivers are screwed up (tulip and r8169 in my case) while others work
> > fine (sk98lin and e100).
>
> In my case both tulip and r8169 are recognized but the dual athlon box
> then crashes the moment they are configured up. Im not yet sure why

I haven't tried my dual athlon box yet although it has a NIC using the e100
driver which works on a laptop.

For the tulip and r8169 (Dual P-III), they are both recognized, driver loaded
but then trying to ping other systems I get "Destination Host Unreachable".
I get the same "Destination Host Unreachable" if I try pinging the FC2 box
from another system.  If all systems are running FC1, then everything works.
--
Gene