tcp connection problem

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Feb 15 23:27:27 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 16.02.2004 schrieb RamrajPrabu Balasubramanian um 00:22:
> i installed FC2 test1 on my linux machine yeterday.
>
> this machine is connected to the internet thro a netgear wgr614 router. thro
> a wireless ethhernet bridge ( linksys). basically im behind a NAT and the
> neatgear router is my dhcp server.
>
> when i bring up eth0 , i get a dhcp allocated ip address. i can ping
> websites in the internet. i can access websites in my local LAN.
>
> but AM NOT ABLE TO CONNECT to sites in the internet.
> ethereal shows the SYN for the TCP connect getting retransmitted but gets no
> reply at all.
> UDP seems to be working fine.
>
> I did a custom insatll with ALL packages selected. with firewall disabled.
>
> can anyone help me. i tried everything i knew. dns works, UDP works , tcp
> doesnt work outside my locallan. i was running redhat 9 earlier and
> everything was working fine then.

Is I just answered to the other subject "FC2 test1 network issue".

Maybe this helps, add to /etc/sysctl.conf:

# Disable ECN
net.ipv4.tcp_ecn = 0

and run "systctl -p" (modified sysctl.conf is loaded automagically on
next boot time).

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2166.nptl
Sirendipity 00:26:24 up 1 day, 4:05, load average: 0.18, 0.13, 0.06
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]