Can not mount cdrom need tools to debug problems

Peter A. Banks peter_banks at charter.net
Mon Feb 16 22:12:25 UTC 2004

Whenever I try to do a mount /dev/cdrom I get an Invalid block device.
This was a machine that had a working grub configuration line (hdc=ide_scsi)
and was upgraded from FC1 to FC2.
Using the newest kernel 2.6.2-1.81 i686 athlon.

All the usual tools like dmesg is filled with so many unrelated error
messages, I can't debug also I noticed that there is no devfsd.conf file to
debug configuration.
Any suggestions for debugging this

Also my Ensonic 1373 sound card is not being discovered by the discovery
process.

Regards
pab