boot disk

VENKAT RAMANAN ramanan54 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 17 01:15:05 UTC 2004

mount disc1 in your existing linux.
copy boot.iso from images/isolinux/ directory to local disk.
mount boot.iso from local disk.
copy vmlinuz as vmlinuz-fc2 in /boot directory.
then copy initrd.img into /boot.
edit /boot/grub/menu.lst   file to add
title    hd-install
root(hd,  )  whatever is shown above as root directory
kernel  /vmlinuz-fc2     target directory(like /dev/hda etc) where you have
down loaded the isos
initrd   /initrd.img
then save & boot . you will be prompted to hd-install in grub boot . it will
boot & you can install.
in fact I did it sucessfully in my pc.

Ramanan