Lets take the worst of windows and make it the unchangeable default of linux

Stephen Moore stephen at skmoore.com
Tue Feb 17 10:42:07 UTC 2004

I have just been using nautilus and am appalled at its behaviour. I have
long laughted at windows where its default behaviour is so awful that
you have to change _every_ single default choice, only to find that
nautilus now mimics this behaviour.

While this is appalling, at least windows allows you to fix this
behaviour. Nautilous opens a new windows with each click, with no
obvious way to make it open in the existing window and has no navigation
bar, with no way to change the behaviour.

I am as keen as the next person to encourage new users, but does this
have to be done at the expense of long time existing users? I truely
F.....g hate this new setup.

Is this bugzillable, please tell me that I am not the only one who
_hates_ the new setup

--
ô¿ó