x864_64 up2date gone wild.

Justin M. Forbes 64bit_fedora at comcast.net
Wed Feb 18 01:35:00 UTC 2004

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 07:08:54PM -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> dependency, but it then complained about an unresolved dependency on
> libgl.so, which I believe is a known issue.

That was my fault, 2 libs should have been included i386 which were not.
It will be fixed in final, for now, manually installing the deps should
work.

> Still, this just feels wrong.  The x86_64 channel should include any
> necessary i386 stuff.

This is the way it should be, there is no need for mirrors to have to carry
the same packages in too many locations, it is not an efficient use of disk
space or bandwidth.  Yum will DTRT.  It also allows the install of other
packages which might have deps that do not ship with the base OS in i386.
IF there is a conflict, yum tells you first.

Justin