where are libgimp and libgimpui?

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Wed Feb 18 14:18:12 UTC 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:57:09 -0500 (EST), Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   ok, while i peruse your response, let me ask a much simpler question: if
> i start with a pristine install of FC2-test1, does there even exist a
> channel against which i can run "yum update" to update just those RPMs
> that have been fixed and for which newer versions have been released to
> respond to bug reports in the original FC2-test1?

No.

>   as it stands, the pristine install contains the single active channel in
> /etc/yum.conf:
>
> [development]
> name=Fedora Core $releasever - Development Tree
> baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch/
>
>   am i allowed to run a general "yum update" against this channel?

Nobody would prevent you from running that. ;)

But if something's broken in the development repository, you either may
need to report it at bugzilla.redhat.com or have patience and wait until
temporary brokeness is fixed.

A missing and non-obsoleted gimp-perl would be important for the FC1 ->
FC2 upgrade path.

>   and i'm still curious as to why those originally inactive channels in
> /etc/yum.conf refer to non-existent URLs:
> #[base]
> #name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
> #baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-$releasever

When $releasever becomes 2, the channels will exist, and with that release,
yum.conf will have the channels enabled.