Lets take the worst of windows and make it the unchangeable default of linux

Mike scopeguy at postman.net
Wed Feb 18 15:08:17 UTC 2004

On 18 Feb 2004 15:46:32 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote

> Can people please get a clue about this. I get pretty irritated when
> people think I implement a major change to a piece of software that I
> maintain "just to be like windows". Its fucking insulting, and is pretty
> close to just calling me a moron straight out.
>
> This change was not some random hare-brained copy-windows move. In
> fact, windows isn't even spatial at all (although some other oses
> are, like macos 9). The rationale and detailed discussions about the
> move to a spatial model and the pros and cons has been discussed in
> detail on the nautilus and gnome lists.
>
> The fact that you dislike a decision does not mean that the decision
> must have been stupid.

Alexander,
Right-on! The spatial model isn't even _about_ Windows, is's more Mac-like.
Anyone interested in reading up on it can get started at:
  http://www.gnomedesktop.org/article.php?sid=1348

Mike Smith
--
As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error

Free Internet WebMail (http://www.postman.net/)
Open WebMail Project (http://openwebmail.org/)

--
This e-mail was sent via Postman.net using Open WebMail: