Printer definition failure

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 18 18:36:54 UTC 2004

When I tried to set up a printer, I found the Printing Manager to show that
the LPR/LPRNG printing system was selected instead of the now standard CUPS
system.  I changed that, and then tried to set up a printer.

After setting up all the printer attributes, it presented an Authorization
Dialog asking for a Username and Password.  Using the root values, it failed.
It asked twice before presenting the failure dialog.  I then retried using my
user values, and the same thing repeated.

I have all the printing packages provided in rawhide today installed.

Is this repeatable?  If so, I'll be happy to buzilla it.

Gerry