Why not drop the Core from Fedora Core?

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Thu Feb 19 04:41:28 UTC 2004

Thiago Vinhas de Moraes wrote:

>Ok, but cat /etc/fedora-release and you'll get:
>Fedora Core release 1.90 (FC2 Test 1)
>
>It's fine for a beta, but for a final release, I think it should be only
>Fedora version 2

Just a question: why didnt you guys complain about Red Hat 9? It could
be only Hat version 9... Come on!

Why are people trying to change the name? I dont really care if the guys
at work call Fedora "fedorento" [1]...  I dont care if it
is called  Fedora Core , Fedora zambs , Fedora something , Fedora Ultra
master Plus version 2...  I only care if this distro has the right stuff
in it...
no broken dependencies (like Suse , for example) , no closed source
drivers , no risk of DMCA problems... I just want a distro I can install on
any server and it will work perfectly.... and fedora fits the bill here...

So , let's forget about this. The name is only a name , nothing more.
I'm here for the distro , no matter its name...

Pedro Macedo

[1] -> the adjective "fedorento"  (translation for "stinky") is being
used at work as a noun to call fedora... maybe in a hard way , because
those who are calling Fedora this way are Suse users...