FC2 test 1 apt repository

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Thu Feb 19 08:39:35 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 18:09, Ted wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 February 2004 6:58 am, Vic Gedris wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 09:42:43AM +0200, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> > > For the moment you can use this one:
> > > http://fedora.laiskiainen.org/fc2-test/ It's pending QA at fedora.us so
> > > you'll be helping the process by testing it...
> >
> > I just caused it to barf:
> >
> > [root at strummer root]# apt-get update
> > You don't seem to have one or more of the needed GPG keys in your RPM
> > database.
> > Importing them now...
> > Get:1 http://ayo.us.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/test/i386 release [536B]
> > Get:2 http://ayo.us.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/development/i386 release
> > [533B]
> > Fetched 1069B in 1s (1026B/s)
> > Hit http://ayo.us.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/test/i386/core pkglist
> > Hit http://ayo.us.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/test/i386/core release
> > Hit http://ayo.us.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/test/i386/core srclist
> > Get:1 http://ayo.us.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/development/i386/core
> > pkglist [1970kB]
> > Hit http://ayo.us.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/development/i386/core
> > release
> > Get:2 http://ayo.us.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/development/i386/core
> > srclist [185kB]
> > Fetched 2155kB in 14s (150kB/s)
> > Segmentation fault
> > [root at strummer root]#
> >
> > ...and now it continues to segfault after every apt-get command.
> >
> > I can provide more info if requested.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Vic
>

> I get exactly the same fault...Is it possible to turn off the GPG altogether
> to see what happens ??

Nothing to do with GPG I think, this probably the one odd bug I've been
seeing a lot lately where it crashes while trying to lock the rpm
database. Output of the following (privately to me, don't need to bother
the list) is welcome, just to make sure this is indeed the same thing I
think it is:
---
# gdb apt-get
(gdb) run update
(gdb) bt
---

Oh and this bug, wherever it is, appears to go away pretty much
randomly. Eg. removing a single package with "rpm -e <package>" or just
reinstalling the apt package often fixes it, which makes this nasty to
debug since I haven't been able to reproduce the problem :-/

	- Panu -