Lets take the worst of windows and make it the unchangeable default of linux

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Thu Feb 19 15:32:23 UTC 2004

> The "spacial" model is the method they wish to use going forward, that
> means the browse methods development (unless picked up by other
> developers), will become depreciated, and no longer maintained.
>
> Unfortunately you and I are going to have to accept this fact (even if
> you go to KDE, you still have to accept it or resent it, resentment
> would just be silly).
I hate replying to my own post, and this really will be my last post on
the subject.

It appears gnome does not intend to depreciate the "browse mode"
according to http://www.gnomedesktop.org/article.php?sid=1348 any way.

So why it can't be an easily accessible option, I am not sure.

But none of this changes the fact that I am happy to be "forced" to do
some thing as a tester, that's why I am there in the first place.

Give feed back, yes, bitch and moan, no.

Doug