Latest versions of MySQL and PostgreSQL?

Rick Johnson rjohnson at medata.com
Thu Feb 19 23:40:03 UTC 2004

Christian Hauser wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm wondering why Fedora is not using the latest versions of MySQL
> (4.0.18) and PostgreSQL (7.4.1).
>
> I see MySQL version 3.23.58 and PostgreSQL version 7.4 in Fedora Core 2
> test 1. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> Is there a reason for this? If so, what's the reason?

See archives for the MySQL explination. There's a potential licensing
conflict - Red Hat has opted to be conservative.

When did PostgreSQL release 7.4.1? FC2 went into feature freeze a couple
of weeks before Test 1 was released. They may have missed the deadline.

-Rick

Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson at medata.com
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc.