Fedora64: sil3512a and rtl8110s

Justin M. Forbes 64bit_fedora at comcast.net
Fri Feb 20 02:27:14 UTC 2004

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:07:37AM +0900, Maxim Sorokin wrote:
> I have the system.
> AMD Athlon64 3000+
> Motherboard GIGABYTE K8N Pro + nForce3
> 1Gb DDR RAM
> 200Gb HDD on SerialATA - Sil3512 (non RAID mode for a while)

I happen to have this same board, so it is fairly well tested. For the fc1
test1,you will need to boot with acpi=off (note the update kernel does not
require this, and the release kernel will not either.

> - System can't fully detect nForce3 and wrote (smth like "not fully
> copliant nForce2 chipset detected") - does FC64 support nForce3?
Yes, NForce 3 is supported, is this the exact message you see?
NFORCE3: not 100%% native mode: will probe irqs later

Not an issue, this chipset is well suppported,there is an IO-apic issue
which is worked around in the errata, and was fixed in mainline 2.6.3
today.

> - System can't detect SATA and hangs on the step of loading anaconda,
> untill I downloded drivers for sil3512 (AKA sil3112 for RH9) - and try
> to install with option "linux dd". But even those drivers system can't
> recognize.
The SATA controller is not supported under FC1 at this time. or FC2 yet.

> - Third thing is - problem with RTL8110s - I was trying to load rtl8965
> drivers (as copliant) - but it doesn't work...

The correct driver to load is r8169, and it should automatically configure
this on install. That driver is included in the kernel.

> Has somebody expirience with it? Any solutions/recommendations?

Unfortunately the SATA wont work for now, but everything else should be
fine on this board.

Justin