Testing test releases: do not update (was: yum.conf that works)

Jason Knight tuxpenguin at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 22 19:48:54 UTC 2004

I couldn't thave said it better myself, I believe this is a simple case
of a little effort now a whole lot less effort later. This would make
much more sense.

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>and for those who think it's too much work for red hat to do it this way,
>i submit that it's exactly the opposite.  when there's a test release out
>in the wild, red hat should be spending their time dealing with bug
>reports that represent things that are just flat out *broken*.  not stuff
>from rawhide, not RFEs, not wish lists.  they should be focused on fixing
>stuff that's broken, and that means restricting their attention to just
>those things so that the testers' time is well spent.  and that means not
>having to deal with rawhide.  there should be a *separate* update channel
>purely for fixing broken things.  and, no, i don't care if it takes red
>hat a few more minutes to set this up.  it's not about *them*, it's about
>making the testers' time as productive as possible.  but wait, there's
>more.

This would be excellent as well, maybe this would be taken under the
wing of the documentation project?

--
Jason Knight
Fedora Core 1 Test 1 *x86_64*