DVD burning in FC2T1

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl1 at iadonisi.to
Mon Feb 23 01:14:07 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 17:32, Z wrote:
> dvd+rw-tools works great for me.

  Ugh.  I may take that route, but, frankly, I've been dreading it.
Why?  Well, I'm sure many on this list have seen Linus' rant about the
cdrecord command line, specifically the dev=bus,target,lun syntax (as
well as other things about it).  Well, IMHO, dvd+rw-tools is even more
bizarre.  I mean, a command called 'growisofs' may make sense for +RW,
but not really -RW, -R, or +R.   And /dev/dvd=image.iso is really
weird.  As someone with a background in programming, I understand the
'assignment statement' syntax, but it's a bit weird to propagate that up
to the command line.
  Anyhow, the docs for dvd+rw-tools probably need a little updating as
from what I can tell from the man pages and index.html in the doc
directory, it seems to only talk about using ide-scsi for ide devices.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator